- Clene is a late clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on improving mitochondrial health and protecting neuronal function to treat neurodegenerative diseases like ALS
- In 2019, Clene’s drug candidate, CNM-Au8(R), was selected for the HEALEY ALS Platform Trial, with enrollment commencing in the summer of 2020
- Over the years since, Clene has consistently released additional data from the Trial, most recently reporting significant long-term survival improvement among patients treated with CNM-Au8 compared to PRO-ACT historical controls
- The company also announced the publication of a peer-reviewed study in the nanotechnology-focused journal Small; the study describes CNM-Au8’s mechanism of action
- Clene received a $45.1 million NINDS grant to support an Expanded Access Protocol (“EAP”) program and study for CNM-Au8 in ALS
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (“ALS”), or Lou Gehrig’s disease, is a progressive and degenerative neuromuscular disease that destroys nerve cells known as motor neurons, which control voluntary muscle movement (https://ibn.fm/bgJGu). A fatal neurological disorder, ALS lowers the life expectancy of patients to two to five years post-diagnosis, although some patients may live longer, as was the case with the late Stephen Hawking, who lived with ALS for more than five decades (https://ibn.fm/v6LIz).
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”) estimated that more than 31,000 patients were living with ALS in 2017 (https://ibn.fm/Vdee8), with a subsequent study calculating the 2017 prevalence of ALS in the adult U.S. population arriving at an age-adjusted prevalence of between 5.5 and 9.9 per…
NOTE TO INVESTORS: The latest news and updates relating to CLNN are available in the company’s newsroom at https://ibn.fm/CLNN
BioMedWire (“BMW”) is a specialized communications platform with a focus on the latest developments in the Biotechnology (BioTech), Biomedical Sciences (BioMed)and Life Sciences sectors. It is one of 60+ brands within the Dynamic Brand Portfolio @ IBN that delivers: (1) access to a vast network of wire solutions via InvestorWire to efficiently and effectively reach a myriad of target markets, demographics and diverse industries; (2) article and editorial syndication to 5,000+ outlets; (3) enhanced press release enhancement to ensure maximum impact; (4) social media distribution via IBN to millions of social media followers; and (5) a full array of tailored corporate communications solutions. With broad reach and a seasoned team of contributing journalists and writers, BMW is uniquely positioned to best serve private and public companies that want to reach a wide audience of investors, influencers, consumers, journalists and the general public. By cutting through the overload of information in today’s market, BMW brings its clients unparalleled recognition and brand awareness.
BMW is where breaking news, insightful content and actionable information converge.
To receive SMS alerts from BioMedWire, “Biotech” to 844-397-5787 (U.S. Mobile Phones Only)
For more information, please visit https://www.BioMedWire.com
BioMedWire is powered by IBN